give back black friday!
every year, we plan something big to Take Back Black Friday! last year, we facilitated global community-led clothing swaps. friends joined together to meet and trade gently-used ace&jig pieces they no longer wore.
this year, we are hosting a big Give Back Black Friday Charity Auction in the days leading up to Thanksgiving and Black Friday. ace&jig will donate very special items to this auction, but we're inviting YOU to donate pieces, too!
ALL proceeds from ALL auction items will go to one of three charities, chosen by YOU in our instagram community vote: ACLU, Raices Texas, Circle of Health International, and we've also decided to include the GoFundMe for Melissa Dudelson's community*
*This GoFundMe was created by a member of the ace&jig community to support another member of the community. Most of the homes in Melissa Dudelson's neighborhood burned during the recent devastation of the Woolsey Fire. The funds will be used by Melissa to support her community.
Here's how you can participate!
DONATE A PIECE TO THE AUCTION:
do you have a gently-used, like-new ace&jig piece that you no longer wear?
1) donate it to our Give Back Black Friday Charity Auction by filling out the form at the bottom of this page.
2) select the charity you'd like the auction proceeds to go to.
3) we will post your pictures and details of the piece you donated during our Give Back Charity Sale (Nov 19-Nov 25th). we ask that you monitor the post with your piece and comment back if people have questions.
4) once the auction closes (November 25th), we will reach out to whoever bid the highest on your piece to submit proof of their donation to the charity of your choosing.
*please note: you are responsible for shipping your donated item to the person who wins the auction, once they send proof of their donation. please be sure to select whether you are open to international entrants in the form below.
BID ON A PIECE / MAKE A DONATION:
1) follow @givebackblackfriday on instagram to shop our Give Back Black Friday Charity Auction, Monday, November 19th - Sunday, November 25th. all auctions will close at 11:59pm PST Sunday, November 25th.
2) if you win your auction(s), you will be notified via comment on the auction post Monday, November 26th. email email@example.com to claim your auction piece.
3) once notified, submit your donation to the charity of the seller's choice.
4) send the seller proof of your donation (the confirmation page from the charity website, or your e-receipt). once you have submitted this proof to the donator/seller, they will ship your piece!
*please note: if you do not submit your donation proof within 24 hours of us contacting you, we will reach out to the next auction winner on our list.
our Give Back Black Friday submissions have closed. THANK YOU to all who donated pieces - the auction begins Monday, November 21st! follow @givebackblackfriday to participate in it.